In Minsk, the security forces attacked journalists of the Russian service Bi-bi-si

Security forces attacked journalists of the Russian service Bi-bi-si in Minsk, reported on the newspaper's website.

"The film crew of bi-Bi-si in Minsk were attacked by security forces during protests on August 11. All three journalists had accreditation issued by the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Belarus, were all in vests and identification with the identity", - stated in the message.

As reported on the newspaper's website, a group of men in black uniforms without any insignia came up to the journalists, one of them demanded to show accreditation, then pulled the card from the reporter, tore out the camera from hands and tried to break it. Two other journalists of Bi-bi-si asked the security forces to return the accreditation card, in response to the two of them began to beat and strike at his cell. It is clarified that the journalists of Bi-bi-si has not been arrested.

Earlier it was reported about detention of several Russian journalists after the presidential elections in Belarus. Among them was a photographer for RIA Novosti Ilya Pitalev, correspondents RT and Sputnik of Belarus, three stringer RT cooperating with the videoagentstvo Ruptly, the staff of the Daily Storm, a journalist from "Medusa" and others. Editor in chief of RT and international news AGENCY "Russia today" Margarita Simonyan called on the authorities of Belarus to release them. The Russian foreign Ministry also said that Moscow insists on a speedy release of the journalists in Belarus.

Most members of the media already released, but some have banned entry to Belarus for five years. As reported, Russian Ambassador to the country Dmitry Mezentsev, the remaining Russian journalists will be freed on Tuesday evening.

The Belarusian Association of journalists on Tuesday announced new arrests of media personnel covering the protest.

The evening of 9 August, after the presidential elections in Belarus, in a number of cities began mass unauthorized protest, which continued Monday night. Protesters in Central Minsk erecting barricades out of garbage cans. The militia used against them tear gas, water cannons and stun grenades, and drove the protesters from the city centre. On Monday, the interior Ministry reported that one protester was killed, he tried to throw an unidentified explosive device in the direction of law enforcement. Tuesday protests in Belarus continues.