The Armenian foreign Ministry called for an end to the escalation on the border with Azerbaijan
The press Secretary of the Armenian foreign Ministry Anna Naghdalyan called the priority of Yerevan to the situation worsening on the border with Azerbaijan, the elimination of obstacles to the peace process.
Earlier in the Secretariat of the CSTO expressed serious concern in connection with a situation aggravation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border. In the military-political bloc called on the parties "for the immediate restoration of the ceasefire in the zone of CSTO responsibility". Later, the representative of Armenia Victor Biyagov urged the countries-CSTO members to show solidarity in the face of the deteriorating situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border and mutual support "in accordance with the spirit and letter of the Charter of the organization."
"For Armenia, it was important to provide information about the situation on the border our partners in the CSTO, which is what happened at the meeting of the permanent Council, where he was our representative. With regard to the statement of the CSTO Secretariat, that it fully reflects our concern at this stage. This statement clearly referred to the situation in the CSTO zone of responsibility," said Naghdalyan told reporters.
According to her, the Armenian side controls the situation, and there is no need for applying to CSTO in a different format.
Naghdalyan also noted that the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk group, in particular Russia, were involved in the discharge process.
"The Minister of foreign Affairs was in constant communication with his Russian counterpart. I know that the contacts were at the level of military... Our priority at this stage is to stop the escalation, stability, elimination of obstacles to the peace process," - said the press Secretary of the Armenian foreign Ministry.
Clash on Armenian-Azerbaijani border continues July 12 and in the adjacent regions of Tavush and Tovuz, bordering also with Georgia and located a few hundred kilometers from Nagorno-Karabakh, where the situation was calm. In the place of the attacks are military positions stationed near the village of Movses.
According to Baku, died 12 Azerbaijani servicemen, including a General. The Armenian side announced the deaths of four soldiers, and wounding ten military and one civilian. Azerbaijan and Armenia blame for the attacks on each other. A number of countries and international organizations expressed concern about the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border and urged the parties to dialogue. The Russian foreign Ministry expressed readiness to mediate for the stabilization of the situation in the region.