°
Newark

The commemoration ceremony of victims of the crash of MH17 will be held in online mode

The commemoration ceremony of the victims in the crash of the Malaysian Boeing flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine on 17 July 2014 will be held in online mode because of the pandemic coronavirus, according to Dutch TV channel NOS.

The commemoration ceremony of victims of the crash will be held at the memorial established in memory of the victims near the Schiphol airport near Amsterdam. Because of the situation with the spread of the coronavirus in the world the relatives of the victims are unable to come together on the occasion of the sixth anniversary of the crash, so the ceremony will be attended only four representatives of the Foundation for relatives of the victims, the trumpeter and the operators of the TV channel NOS, which will conduct online broadcast of the event. During the ceremony will be read the names of the dead, then held a moment of silence.

One of the organizers RIA van der Steen, who lost in the crash of his father and stepmother, said that the ceremonies in any case would have been shortened this year: "After last year, we conducted a survey among relatives. It turned out that we all want a memorable event held every five years, and only in the circle of the closest relatives".

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, including 192 citizens of the Netherlands, 44 – Malaysia, 27 - Australia, 12 Indonesians, 10 Britons, four Belgians, four Germans, three Filipinos, one canadian citizen and one New Zealand. They all died.

Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia.

Relevant data on the situation of COVID-19 in Russia and the world presented on the portal stopmanager.of the Russian Federation.