°
Newark

Expert: consideration of the ECHR in complaint of the Hague on the MH17 could take ten years

Complaint by the Netherlands against Russia in the ECHR in the case of the collapse of Boieng (flight MH17) in Ukraine in 2014 may be accepted for consideration a year and a half with requests to the justice Ministry, and the examination may last for 6-10 years, told RIA Novosti chief editor of the official scientific and analytical journal "Bulletin of the ECHR" Yuri Berestnev.

On Friday, the government of the Netherlands issued a statement in which it announced the intention to file a lawsuit against Russia with the European court of human rights (ECHR) in connection with the crash of flight MH17. Later the Strasbourg court, RIA Novosti has confirmed the fact of receipt of the complaint, it is considered. The Russian foreign Ministry regarded the complaint as another blow to Russian-Dutch relations.

According to berestneva, in relation to the complaint of the Hague "the procedure is the same as usual." "Send the Dutch government a complaint, register it, notify the Russian authorities. Then after a few months, but rather, a year and a half communicate her questions to the Ministry of justice of Russia", - said the expert.

He added that the "start sharing "controversial" documents a year and a half". "Then the decision on admissibility may, before and/or after the public hearing. And so forth, with complaints of Ukraine against Russia", - said the Berestnev.

"By the way, she (Ukraine) may try to join the third party... And maybe the Dutch will think immediately to file a complaint against both Russia and Ukraine. Maybe our worthy counter to file a complaint against Ukraine. In short, the options are many, and the story of 6-10 years", - concluded the expert.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia.

Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.