In Azerbaijan, said the attack on strongholds of the Armenian military
Azerbaijani soldiers attacked the Armenian Outpost, the situation on the border remains tense, told RIA Novosti press-service of the defense Ministry of Azerbaijan.
"Accurate fire of our units in night battles with artillery, mortars and tanks were destroyed by the strong points, artillery, vehicles and manpower of the opponent", — said the Agency interlocutor.
He said that in the battle killed a senior Lieutenant Mahmudov Rashad Rashid oglu.
"Currently, the operational conditions are controlled by our troops, to take decisive action against the enemy. The enemy hides information on losses," — said the Ministry of defence of the Republic.
In Yerevan, said earlier that Azerbaijan resumed on Monday morning artillery shelling of the Armenian positions. The head of the Armenian defense Ministry has ordered staff to be kept.
Between Yerevan and Baku, there is a conflict over the status of Nagorno-Karabakh, which in February 1988, announced its withdrawal from the Azerbaijan Soviet Union.
Azerbaijan has lost control over the autonomy and family areas adjacent to it in the course of the armed conflict in 1992-1994. Negotiations on peaceful settlement are conducted from 1992 in the framework of the OSCE Minsk group, headed by three co — chairs-Russia, USA and France.
New aggravation began on Sunday on the border in Tovuz region of Azerbaijan with Armenia's Tavush region of Armenia. The Azerbaijani defense Ministry said the shelling of its positions by the Armenian military. According to Baku, killing three Azerbaijani soldiers, the Armenians also suffered losses.
While the Armenian defense Ministry said Azerbaijani troops tried with artillery support to capture the Armenian stronghold. According to Yerevan, Azerbaijan suffered losses, and Armenia — no.