°
Newark

The Netherlands spoke about the consultations with Russia on the MH17 case

Australia, the Netherlands and Russia continue tripartite consultations in the case of the crash of flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine, but to achieve the result can take years, said in a letter to the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Netherlands dated 10 July 2020, addressed the House of representatives of the country (at the disposal of RIA Novosti).

The Dutch government on Friday announced the decision to file a lawsuit against Russia with the ECHR in connection with the crash of flight MH17. The justice Ministry said that the ECHR notifies Russia of a case. In a press-service of the court RIA Novosti said that the complaint of the Netherlands enrolled in the ECHR and is under consideration.

"In the beginning of 2019, the government announced that Australia and the Netherlands entered into negotiations with the Russian Federation about the crash of flight MH17. This process is still ongoing... it Should be borne in mind that it can take years to interested parties reached a negotiated solution," - said in the letter to the President of the house of representatives (the lower chamber of the bicameral Parliament of the Netherlands) from the Minister of foreign Affairs and the Minister of justice of the Netherlands on filing a lawsuit at the ECHR against Russia in connection with the crash of flight MH17.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia.

Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia. A court in the Netherlands has caused the suspects in the case of the crash of flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine for the next block of hearings, which will begin August 31.