°
Newark

The Netherlands plans to submit to the ECHR the new data in the case of MH17

The Netherlands, recourse to the ECHR against Russia on the case about the crash of flight MH17 will provide the court with new information on the case, said in a letter to Dutch Ministry of foreign Affairs, addressed the House of representatives of the country (at the disposal of RIA Novosti).

The Dutch government on Friday announced the decision to file a lawsuit against Russia with the ECHR in connection with the crash of flight MH17. The justice Ministry said that the ECHR notifies Russia of a case. In a press-service of the court RIA Novosti said that the complaint of the Netherlands enrolled in the ECHR and is under consideration. The Russian foreign Ministry said that the lawsuit will impede the search for truth, and the Netherlands from the beginning on the path of unilateral imposing on Russia the blame for the crash of MH17.

"The Netherlands will be eligible to participate in the hearing, to answer any additional questions that may arise from the ECHR, and, if necessary, to provide new information on the case concerning the crash of flight MH17", - is spoken in the letter to the President of the house of representatives (the lower chamber of the bicameral Parliament of the Netherlands) from the Ministers of foreign Affairs and justice of the Netherlands dated 10 July 2020 about filing a lawsuit at the ECHR against Russia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia.

Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia. A court in the Netherlands has caused the suspects in the case of the crash of flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine for the next block of hearings, which will begin August 31.