In the Federation Council commented on the claim of the Netherlands at the ECHR against Russia on MH17
The claim of the Netherlands against Russia in the ECHR in connection with the crash of the Malaysian Boeing in Ukraine in 2014 there is no prospect, this legal nonsense, said RIA Novosti member of the international Committee of Council of Federation Oleg Morozov.
The Dutch government on Friday announced the decision to file a lawsuit against Russia with the European court of human rights in connection with the crash of flight MH17. The Russian foreign Ministry said that the lawsuit will impede the search for truth, and the Netherlands from the beginning on the path of unilateral imposing on Russia the blame for the crash of MH17.
"It's legal nonsense. With all due respect to the opinion of the government of the Netherlands, there is the right of Russia to its position. And the main thing in this question is that we were not provided the opportunity to participate in the study of all aspects of the tragedy", - said Morozov.
According to him, "this is not a court, a Tribunal with no right of any counter".
The Russian side doesn't even know what she is accused, said the Senator. "There are no arguments. There are some speculation. It is outside the law and outside of logic. Naturally, such insights we will never recognize. Therefore, all possible procedures for this part make no sense and legal perspective. We do not recognize them," concluded Morozov. Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.
A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.
As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.
The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia.
Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.