°

In Northern Macedonia announced a new wave of coronavirus

New wave COVID-19 have come in North Macedonia and the Western Balkans, the summer of the weakening of the pandemic did not happen, said the Minister of health of the country Venko Filipce.

The head of the Ministry of health said on Monday that the day was carried out 894 test identified 78 new cases COVID-19. Since the beginning of the pandemic infected 7124 person. In the past 24 hours died five patients, the total number of victims has reached 346 persons.

"The who reported that 60% of the 10 million patients COVID-19 in the world, almost, was in June. This confirms that everywhere there is a new wave, but to us, it came early, and we registered pretty early," said head of health at the briefing and wrote on Twitter.

"The situation in the world confirms that the initial forecasts of world authorities in health care that the coronavirus in the summer will disappear not confirmed," - said the Minister.

With the number of deaths by more than 340 North Macedonia is in first place in the region in the number of victims of the pandemic. The authorities of the country opened the international airports in Skopje and Ohrid on Wednesday. The leadership of North Macedonia in mid-March was introduced emergency mode because of COVID-19 to 22 June. On July 15, assigned to the parliamentary elections, postponed in April because of the pandemic.

In all the countries of the Western Balkans in the last week recorded an increase in the incidence and number of deaths due to the coronavirus. As told RIA Novosti in the who country office in Belgrade, the reason is the easing of measures by the authorities and their failure to citizens.

Recent data on the situation of COVID-19 in Russia and the world presented on the portal stopmanager.of the Russian Federation.