Russia has offered to pass the information on deconflicting through Syria
Russia will no longer accept UN information on civilian objects listed deconflicting, proposes to transfer this data directly to Damascus, said at a UN security Council meeting, Russia's permanent representative at the organization of Vasily sebenza.
As stated zamgenseka UN for humanitarian Affairs mark Lowcock, Russia told the UN on 23 June that no longer participates in the mechanism of notification about the humanitarian objects and movements in Syria. Earlier, Russia has repeatedly criticized this mechanism. In particular, Russia's envoy to the UN said that the mechanism not only has disadvantages, but is also used for disinformation. He noted that often the objects that were determined as a humanitarian (i.e. were included in the list deconflicting), was actually used by terrorists. In addition, the sebenza pointed out the discrepancy between the coordinates specified by the UN, and objects that would be placed at those coordinates.
As said Nebenzia at the meeting of the UN security Council on Monday, the information provided by UN OCHA, comes from unknown and unidentified sources that cannot be verified. "At the same time our own investigation has proved that some of the objects deconflicting was used as the headquarters of the terrorists or asylum, and can not, therefore, have a humanitarian status," he said.
According to Nebenzu, "the information provided was used by the terrorists and their patrons in order to deliberately mislead the UN and the international community".
"She has repeatedly given rise to baseless allegations that civilian targets were bombed by Syria or Russia. The mechanism of action deconflicting was one of the pretexts for the creation of a Commission of inquiry (attacks on civilian infrastructure in the North-West of SAR – ed.)", - said the permanent representative.
"It is also hard to understand why the Syrian government was not a direct participant in the mechanism. Russian officials in Damascus, Geneva and new York will no longer accept any listings deconflicting. We propose that from now on OCHA the question of objects deconflicting with the Syrian government," - said Nebenzia.
Previously, he also mentioned about the creation last fall of the UN Commission on investigation of attacks on civilian infrastructure in the North-West of Syria. Then the Western countries in the security Council accused Russia and the Syrian government in airstrikes on civilian infrastructure. Russia denies the accusations.
Nebesa noted that on September 16, 2019 presented at a press conference photographic evidence proving the falsity of accusations against Russia, but the information was ignored, "because the political order to exert pressure on Russia must be fulfilled."
According to him, the defense Ministry conducted its own investigation and the information received confirms that a number of objects referred to investigation Commission, not exposed to air or artillery strikes.
In September, UN Secretary-General antónio Guterres has announced the composition of the Commission for investigation of air attacks on civilian infrastructure in the North-West of Syria. A request for such investigation has previously sent 10 countries in the UN Security Council (Britain, France, USA, Germany, Belgium, Peru, Poland, Kuwait, Dominican Republic, Indonesia). The Commission was created after a number of Western countries blamed the Syrian government and the Russian military attacks on hospitals in Idlib. Moscow denies the accusations.
The Commission has not worked in Syria and are unable to visit the places of incidents, as not received visas from the Syrian government. In the Commission's report, according to the Secretary General, provides expertise in six facilities in North-West Syria. As pointed out by Guterres in his letter to the President of the security Council, the Commission is not a judicial body or court, it does not make legal findings or consider questions of legal liability.