The diocese of exploring data about violence against children in Sredneuralskaya convent
The Yekaterinburg diocese is studying the evidence on violence against children in Sredneuralskaya convent, whose Confessor he was now banned from serving Abbot Sergius, told RIA Novosti the representative of the diocese.
Earlier, the TV presenter Ksenia Sobchak said that he came to Sredneuralskaya convent, to collect the material for his investigation about beating of children in it, and chiyoumen Sergius banned from serving after saying about the "pseudopodia" coronavirus. Later, Sobchak said that the film crew was attacked.
"The Ekaterinburg diocese is investigating evidence of improper treatment of minors in Sredneuralskaya convent in 2009-2010 published by several media. Today, the number of former pupils, stating that while in the monastery they used invalid measures of education", - said the Agency interlocutor.
She noted that the employees of the diocese are in touch with young people, collect and thoroughly examining their testimony, including the reasons why these allegations were not previously disclosed. If necessary, at the request of the said persons, the diocese is ready to provide them spiritual and psychological help.
Abbot Sergius was the center of attention after he began to speak in sermons that COVID-19 — a "pseudopodia" that Russians want to put in the "e-camp of Satan", "the wicked put on the self-isolation", deprived of "freedom and work". First, the diocese deprived him of his right to preach, but the cleric did not listen and continued in sermons to encourage the congregation to take to the streets and protest. Because of this ruling Bishop banned it in service. Now Serge is under the ecclesiastical court.
In addition, the Romanov instituted administrative proceedings. It will consider July 7.