°
Ashburn

Hearings on the case of MH17 will continue on 3 July

Court hearings in the Netherlands in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing in the East of Ukraine in 2014 will continue on Friday, July 3, said the presiding judge Hendrick of Stenches.

"We expect that on Friday, July 3, we will be able to voice our decisions... So we interrupt our meeting to Friday, July 3, 13.30," - said the judge at the hearing on the crash on Friday. It has been broadcast on the court's website.

At the hearing on 26 June, the public Prosecutor's office announced the decision on June 22-23 requests for the protection of the accused Russian Oleg Pulatova in the face of advocates of Boudewijn van Eyck and Sabine ten Doeschate. Most requests protection, including on the transfer case Pulatova on Russian language, the Prosecutor's office proposed to reject.

Lawyer Sabine ten Doeschate, in turn, has expressed bewilderment in connection with the line of the prosecution and noted that the investigation is far from complete, as many questions remain unanswered.

The court was also made by the representatives of the relatives of the victims that made a request for the granting of a number of documents in the case.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.