Relatives of victims of the crash of flight MH17 will prepare the claims in the case by November
Relatives of the victims in the crash of flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine in 2014 can prepare civil lawsuits in the case by November, said the representative of the Council of relatives in court hearings on the crash in the Netherlands.
The presiding judge Hendrick of Stingey on the first day of the trial on the MH17 said that more than 80 relatives of those killed in the crash of a passenger plane in Eastern Ukraine in July 2014 to demand compensation from the accused in this case. According to him, at that time, 49 people have expressed the desire to speak in court, 82 wished to submit to the court a written Declaration, 84 - to apply for monetary compensation. These figures are preliminary.
"We believe that the realistic planning of the hearings would help determine the timing of submission of claims from the injured party, and this is the reason of our letter," said the representative of the Council of relatives of the victims MH17, which provided the first word at the trial.
She noted that by law, an aggrieved party must appeal against the trial once it begins consideration of the merits.
"We support about 400 relatives. Some of them want to use the right to address the court, some of them have not decided yet, others may apply after the end of the case on the merits. Considering the request of the public prosecution, which offered to determine the preliminary schedule... we think we will prepare claims by November", - said the representative of the family.
The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.
Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.
A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.
As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.
The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.