The court rejected the request of the accused to translation of the case of MH17 on Russian language
The judge rejected the request of the accused in the case of the crash of flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine in 2014, Russian Oleg Pulatova on a translation of the entire dossier on the Russian language, reported the Dutch public Prosecutor Thijs Berger.
At a meeting in early June protection Pulatova reiterated the request to transfer the case to the client in Russian language. As noted by lawyer Sabine ten Doeschate on Russian language translated into 174 pages and 60 pages is a presentation of the dossier and a personal case of the accused, while the dossier has almost 40 thousand pages.
"He (Pulatov - ed.) has made a request to the investigating judge for a transfer of almost the entire dossier in January and April 2020. And now Pulatov asked for the third time to translate tens of thousands of pages of the dossier. This is a very common request, besides, he had to consider the fact that some part has already been translated. Moreover, he is not entitled to translation of all documents of the case, but only those which are necessary for its protection," - said the Prosecutor at the hearings of the court in the Netherlands on Friday.
According to him, the accused should resort to the services of an interpreter to translate the proceedings.
"Request Pulatova was rejected by the investigating judge, as it was not sufficiently precise and justified", - concluded Berger.
Earlier the lawyer Igor Trunov told RIA Novosti that the lack of translation of all documents on the crash of flight MH17 on Russian language deprives Pulatova the right to a fair trial and is not compatible with the European Convention on human rights. Dutch lawyer Pulatova Sabine ten Doeschate said that the bulk of the materials in the case of the Boeing crash is not translated into Russian, her client has no opportunity to get acquainted with them. To save time, lawyers have to explain the contents of these documents.
The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.
Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.
A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.
As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.
The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.