The prosecution in the case of MH17 doesn't want to re-study data from radar
The Prosecutor's office of the Netherlands considers that the re-investigation of the radar data from Ukrainian radars, which asks for protection in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing (flight MH17) in Ukraine in 2014 will not bring new results, said Prosecutor ward Ferdinandusse on hearing about the plane crash on Friday.
At a hearing earlier in the week, the Dutch lawyer of the defendant Oleg Pulatova Sabine ten Doeschate said that the defense will request the radar data from the radar Kramatorsk, Drill, Chalk, Chuguev, and if they are unavailable, we will request the court to order the Prosecutor to continue the investigation on this radar data. She noted that the outcome of this investigation will help to establish the information concerning whether the fighter or missile in the vicinity of flight MH17.
"The defense requested to investigate the raw data from Ukrainian radars... the security Council of the Netherlands has already conducted such an investigation. Including was sent to the special representative, who spoke with representatives of the Ukrainian authorities to the high level. Along with SSG (Joint investigation team - ed.) he reviewed data from Ukrainian radars. Then the Council of the Netherlands safety has received the secondary data from Ukrainian radars", - said the Prosecutor.
According to him, the SBU has also studied the availability of primary data, which record military aircraft.
"We do not believe that the repetition of all these actions will help to provide some new details after several years of efforts of the security Council of the Netherlands and a Joint investigation team, which has been applied in this direction," said Ferdinandusse.
At the hearing on 9 June, the Prosecutor Thijs Berger stated that Ukraine did not provide raw data from radar in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing in 2014.
Considers the protection of data from radar one of the key sources of information in addition to the Ukraine to provide radar data, investigators have refused and the United States, Russia, on the contrary, their data was transferred to SSG, but they are not considered during the investigation and only at the court session the public Prosecutor's office reported that only examines information from the Russian side.
As stated at the hearing on Friday, the Prosecutor, Berger, NATO already said that they have no satellite data from the crash site of the Boeing, it makes no sense to repeat the request asking for protection.
Earlier, Dutch counsel for the accused Oleg Pulatova Boudewijn van Eyck at the hearing on Monday said that NATO has not provided the military intelligence Service of the Netherlands satellite data from the crash site of flight MH17, but that does not mean that the Alliance does not. Therefore, the defense asked the court to instruct the examining judge to find out if NATO entry AWACS (airborne complex of radio-location and guidance) zone in Eastern Ukraine on 17 July 2014.
"Pulatov also wished to get a response from NATO about whether the registered aircraft with the AWACS data over the area of the crash in Eastern Ukraine. If so, he would like to request this information. We repeat what was said in relation to re-request the data from Russian and Ukrainian radars. Makes no sense to do a second request. We can send Pulatova to the response that was received by the security Council of the Netherlands from NATO, which stated that no data concerning the crash of MH17, they found," said Berger at the hearing.
The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.
Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.
A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.
As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.
The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.