°
Newark

NATO may have satellite data from the crash site of MH17

NATO provided the military intelligence Service of the Netherlands satellite data from the crash site of flight MH17, but that does not mean that the Alliance has not, said the Dutch lawyer of the defendant Oleg Pulatova Boudewijn van Eyck at the court hearing on Monday.

"With regard to satellite data from NATO ... In one of the documents military intelligence service of the Netherlands (MIVD) describes that requested NATO information that could be relevant to the process. As follows from the official report, NATO has not provided any information to the military intelligence Service of the Netherlands, which might indicate that the Supervisory AWACS could fix anything ... If you read it carefully, as I am, you also understand that NATO did not give any information to the military intelligence Service of the Netherlands, but this does not mean that NATO has no such data. Therefore, the defense asks the court to instruct the examining judge to investigate whether NATO entry AWACS (airborne complex of radio-location and guidance – ed.) areas of Eastern Ukraine 17 July 2014", - said the lawyer.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 has begun in the Netherlands March 9, 2020. On it are four defendants - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of Russia are investigating the circumstances of the crash, had earlier presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.