Protection accused on the case of MH17 pointed out the shortcomings in the investigation
The Prosecutor's office of the Netherlands lead an international investigation of the crash Malaysian Boeing in Ukraine in 2014, faced with many obstacles during the investigation of the causes of the crash, which could not impact on the quality of its results, which is why the case is not yet ready to be considered by the court, said the Dutch lawyer Boudewijn van Eyck, representing the interests of the accused Oleg Pulatova, at the hearing on Monday.
"The number done during investigation work are not necessarily an indication that the investigation was successful. When the Prosecutor read out the report, it became apparent that the way the investigation was a huge number of obstacles that made this difficult. Of course, this could not affect the results of the investigation", - said the lawyer.
As an example, he cited the fact that the crash site was not carried out it is judicial-medical examination and the prosecution was not able to cordon off the crash site.
"Almost four months after the disaster, the emergency, remained untouched. This means that evidence could be lost, forged or even planted," stated van Eyck.
He recalled that only 30% of the wreckage was recovered and examined. "And it was impossible to restore them to conduct a full forensic examination", - he added.
In addition, the defense drew attention to the fact that in July 2014 the Dutch Prosecutor's office could not listen to telephone conversations and depended on this point from the SBU, which provided the records only self-proclaimed militia DND.
According to him, it was also very difficult to find any witnesses that directly would be in the area of the crash on the day of the tragedy, and to hear them at the time.
"In the Netherlands has never considered the criminal case, appeared wherever the launch. In the Netherlands no experience of carrying out experiments on the launch of the Buk missile system, or any other missiles at an altitude of 10 km the Netherlands Have no experience in the evaluation of the damage that can cause the launch of this type for a passenger plane at an altitude of 10 km," concluded van Eyck.
"Thus, we can conclude that the case against our client (Russian Oleg Pulatova - ed.) is still far from consideration in court" - the lawyer added.
The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 began March 9, 2020. The case involves four defendants - Russians Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.
Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.
A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of the Russian Federation is conducting an investigation into the crash, has previously presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk. As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.
The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. Later, President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.