°
Newark

In the Netherlands resumed its hearings on the case about the crash Boeing in Ukraine

Hearings on the case of the crash of the Malaysian Boeing (flight MH17) in Ukraine in 2014, resumed on Monday in very secure complex Schiphol in the Netherlands.

Further hearings on the case started on 8 June. At the meetings held on 8-10 June, the public Prosecutor's office submitted its report on the interim results of the investigation of the crash, which was criticized by the Russian side. In particular, the state provided data forensic investigation, including analysis of the bodies and aircraft parts, as well as research in the field of telecommunications, including interception of talks in the East of Ukraine at the time of the crash. At the hearing, the Prosecutor told about how he viewed different versions of what happened, including a version of how weapons could be hit by a plane, as laid down by the alleged involvement of four accused to the plane crash.

The Prosecutor's office also reiterated its request for re-examination of some witnesses, were asked to pose additional questions to the witness who, according to the prosecution, presumably, was not far from the launch site of the Buk missile system in the time of the tragedy, as well as to analyze the videos from SAM "Buk" in the village of Snow and subject to possible manipulation.

According to the results of its report, the state prosecution announced its readiness to begin consideration on the substance of the cases against three of the accused, Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky and Leonid Kharchenko, drawing attention to the fact that the accused Oleg Pulatova "consideration of the merits is still very far" and requires further investigation.

As later stated in the foreign Ministry, the investigation in the Netherlands, accusing Russia in the case of the crash of flight MH17, trying to deflect any suspicion from Ukraine. The foreign Ministry also said that Moscow is not a party to these criminal proceedings, and the application of the Dutch investigation that Russia is trying to "fit" the evidence in the case about the crash of MH17 is a lie.

As for protection the only accused whose interests are represented in the Hague court – Oleg Pulatova, it reported on the difficulties that arose in communicating with the defendant because of the language barrier and the inability to personally communicate with him in connection with the restrictions on movement caused by the pandemic coronavirus.

Dutch lawyer Sabine ten Doeschate protecting Pulatova, focused on the fact that the bulk of the materials in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing is not translated into Russian language, so Pulatova there is no possibility to get acquainted with them in order to save time. Lawyers have to explain the contents of these documents. In Russian language are translated only 174 pages and 60 pages is a presentation of the dossier and a personal case of the accused, while the case file MH17 has almost 40 thousand pages.

It is expected that the defense at the hearing on June 22 will set out the position on issues that were previously raised by the prosecution, but also voiced their demands.

The Prosecutor's office, in particular, will have to explain why requested more time to investigate the case against Pulatova before moving on to examine his case on the merits.

The hearing was postponed until June 22, that the defense was able to prepare, as it "will have the opportunity to answer presented in these days the position of the prosecution," according to the judge summing up the trial.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 began March 9, 2020. The case involves four defendants - Russians Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of the Russian Federation is conducting an investigation into the crash, has previously presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk. As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. Later, President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.