India freed detainees in Ladakh by Chinese soldiers

India freed detainees during the conflict in Ladakh the Chinese soldiers, said the road transport Minister Vijay Kumar Singh, who previously held the post of chief of army staff.

A new round of tensions between India and China began after the military clashes of the two countries in the valley of Galvan in Ladakh on the evening of 15 June. According to Indian authorities, the incident killed 20 soldiers.

"Some media reported that China has released the Indian soldiers whom they held captive. Similarly, we released the detained Chinese soldiers," said Singh in an interview to News24. He also noted that he believes that "if our side has killed 20 people, then I am sure that the other side killed twice". The Minister has not led evidence of his words.

"We were on their side, they - on their own. Then some on our side have crossed to the other side and Vice versa. We do not disclose all this information because not everyone needs to know all these things," said Singh.

Between China and India has a long-standing territorial dispute about the ownership of the plot of the mountainous area in the North of Kashmir, and almost 60 thousand square kilometres in the North-Eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh. The line of actual control, which replaces the border between the two countries is in the region of Ladakh. In the fall of 1962, the dispute escalated into a border war. In 1993 and 1996, China and India signed the agreement on maintaining peace in the disputed areas.

In late may, India and China were transferred to Ladakh line of actual control, a number of departments. This happened after the military clashes in the area highland lakes-Pangong TSO, may 5-6. As reported by the Indian media, strengthening the contingent of each of the parties began after the Chinese military put a few tents by the river Galvan and began construction work.

The Indian commander of the 14th corps, General-Lieutenant of Harinder Singh June 6, discussed the situation with the commander of the South Xinjiang military district major General people's liberation army of China, Liu Lin. The foreign Ministry of India results held on 6 June to the negotiations said that India and China have agreed to resolve the situation peacefully, will continue dialogue on the military and diplomatic levels, however, 15 Jun clashed.

The Ministry of foreign Affairs of India stated that the collision occurred as a result of efforts of the Chinese side to unilaterally change the consensus to respect the line of actual control in the valley Galvan. According to China, the Indian military illegally crossed the line of actual control in the result, there was a fierce clash. Chinese foreign Ministry protested and made a presentation of India in connection with a new incident on the border.