The media reported three of the victims in the knife attack in reading
Three people allegedly died in an attack with a knife in a city Park, the English reading, reports Sky News.
On Saturday evening in a Park near the centre of the city the incident occurred in the course of which, according to messages of users of social networks, an unknown attacker with a knife at people. Official information about the incident is not provided, users of social networks are talking about three dead and several injured.
The correspondent of the TV channel, citing a source reported that the attack could be a terrorist act.
Earlier it was reported that local police arrested a suspect in the attack. The British Agency Press Association reports that the suspect is a native of Libya.
Sky News said that the police have not yet confirmed the death of three people during the incident.
The administration of the Royal hospital Berkshire previously reported that at least two people were injured.
Local authorities have asked residents not to visit the city centre, the interior Minister of the country Priti Patel said that the incident concerned.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson expressed his condolences in connection with the incident and thanked the rescuers.
"My thoughts are with those who suffered in the terrible accident in reading. I thank the emergency services running on the spot," he wrote on Twitter.
In the city, located about 65 kilometers West of London, is home to about 350 thousand people. In Saturday's Reading, like many other cities in Britain, passed already become traditional procession in support of the rights of the black population. They all ended peacefully and without significant incidents. It is unknown whether the incident of March. Crimes using knives, especially the youth, are a serious problem in the UK.
The cordon around the Park is retained at the place of work investigators.