°

Foreign Ministry: the investigation into MH17 is trying to divert attention from Ukraine

The investigation in the Netherlands, accusing Russia in the case of the crash of flight MH17, trying to deflect any suspicion from Ukraine, said the official representative of Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova.

"During his speeches, Dutch prosecutors have tried to withdraw from Ukraine any suspicion that Ukrainian air defenses on the day of the disaster in the area of the tragedy, allegedly did not function, however, the world-known materials, which Ukrainian officials posed on the background are deployed in the area of so-called anti-terrorist operation "Beech" in the combat state, and the prosecution clearly indicates that the SAM "Buk" armed forces of Ukraine were located not only around, but in the vicinity of the scene of the tragedy. And all this against the backdrop of claims that Russia is supposedly acting in good faith, trying to lead investigators to a dead end and so on," said Zakharova, commenting on the past 8-10 June hearing on the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing in the Netherlands.

A new block of hearings in the case of MH17 in the judicial complex Schiphol in the Netherlands began on 8 June. The trial itself started on March 9. On it are four defendants - Russians Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude. A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of the Russian Federation is conducting an investigation into the crash, has previously presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk.

As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.