°

The Prosecutor in the case of MH17 said that the accused had wanted to shoot down military plane

Prosecutors said that the four accused in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing (flight MH17) in Ukraine in 2014, Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Leonid Kharchenko, deliberately shot down the plane, mistaking it for the military, said the Dutch Prosecutor Thijs Berger at the court hearing in the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Hearings on the case of MH17 in the judicial complex Schiphol in the Netherlands was renewed on 8 June.

"Our current documents have several indications that it was their intention to shoot down a military plane Armed forces of Ukraine. This is indicated by the interceptions of telephone conversations of the accused after he was shot down flight MH17 on 17 July 2014," the Prosecutor said.

"The state prosecution believes that Girkin, Dubinsky, Pulatov and Kharchenko has played a major role in the deployment of Buk missile system that was used to shoot down MH17 on 17 July 2014," said Berger.

"The documents show that other people besides those four, also played a role in the plane crash. It was the crew of the SAM "Buk" for these people the investigation," - said the Prosecutor.

The attorney Berger stated that the radar data do not confirm the detection of a fighter or missile in the time of the crash Boeing in the East of Ukraine in 2014.

The court in the case of the crash of flight MH17 began March 9, 2020. The case involves four defendants - Russians Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatova on the court represents an international group consisting of two Dutch and one Russian lawyer. The other suspects tried in absentia.

Malaysian Boeing flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 under Donetsk. On Board were 298 people, they all died. Kiev has blamed the disaster militias, those announced that did not have the means that would shoot down aircraft at this altitude.

A joint investigation group (SSG) under the leadership of the Prosecutor General of the Netherlands without the participation of the Russian Federation is conducting an investigation into the crash, has previously presented the interim results. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down by anti-aircraft missile complex "Buk", belonging to the 53rd antiaircraft missile brigade of the armed forces of the Kursk. As stated by RIA Novosti Deputy Prosecutor General of Russia Nikolai Vinnichenko, the Russian side handed over to the Netherlands not only the data of the Russian radars, but also documentation showing that the missile SAM "Buk" that struck the Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and she was fired from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information, the investigators ignored. In the first hearing, the prosecution acknowledged that it has received and is studying the data of the Russian Prosecutor's office.

The Russian foreign Ministry said that the accusations of SSG in the Russian involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing unfounded and regrettable, the investigation is biased and one-sided. Later, President Vladimir Putin noted that Russia does not allow for the investigation of the crash of the airliner in Eastern Ukraine, and Moscow may recognize the results of the investigation, if it is to be meaningful. All rocket motor which showed the Dutch Commission for the investigation of the crash MH17, was disposed of after 2011, said the Ministry of defense of Russia. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has repeatedly stated that Moscow categorically rejects allegations of involvement in the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing.