°
Newark

Latest News - #The Hague

The Prime Minister of Lebanon commented on the verdict of the Tribunal in the Hague for the Hariri case

The final verdict of the special Tribunal in the Hague for the murder of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri may be used by some forces as a pretext to incite strife in Lebanon, said Tuesday the Prime Minister of Lebanon Hassan Diyab at the meeting of the Supreme Council for national security.

The final verdict of spectrasoul for the murder of Hariri, who was killed in a suicide attack in Beirut on 14 February 2005, must be declared on 7 August.

The President of Kosovo will be interrogated on charges of war crimes

The President of the breakaway Republic of Kosovo, Hashim Thaci said that it would arrive July 13 at the Hague, where he will be interrogated on charges of war crimes, 1998-1999.

Previously on 24 June, the Special Prosecutor of international court for crimes in Kosovo (SPO) in the Hague announced the charges against

The President of Kosovo is ready to resign because of accusations of crimes

The President of the breakaway Republic of Kosovo, Hashim Thaci declared that he would resign if the Special court for crimes in the Hague approves indictment against him for war crimes 1998-1999.

Thaci had earlier cancelled his visit to Washington on June 27 for talks with the leadership of Serbia after the indictment of the Special Prosecutor of international court for crimes in Kosovo (SPO) in the Hague of committing war crimes in 1998-1999.

Spectaculator in the Hague brought charges against the President of Kosovo

The special Prosecutor of international court for crimes in Kosovo (SPO) in the Hague announced the charges against the President of the self-proclaimed Republic of Kosovo of Hashim Thaci's war crimes in 1998-1999, the statement said the Prosecutor's office.

"The twenty-fourth day of April, 2020 special Prosecutor's office issued an indictment on 10 counts for the consideration of the court, accusing Hashim Thaci (former speaker of the Kosovo Parliament – ed.) Kadri Veseli and others in a number of crimes against humanity and war crimes, including murder, forced disappearance, persecution and torture," - said the Prosecutor's office. In the indictment, as the Prosecutor, it is alleged that Thaci and Veseli other defendants "are criminally responsible for nearly 100 murders".

In the Hague to protest against the quarantine detained 400 people

About 400 people were detained after a protest in the Hague against the restrictions imposed because of the coronavirus, said city police.

According to Dutch media on Sunday in the centre of the Hague, several thousand people came out to protest against the measures of the authorities to combat the spread of coronavirus. Initially, the city authorities banned the demonstration, but later allowed to hold a small protest. In the afternoon protesters gathered in the Park of Malivert. Some of them demanded to cancel the lockdown and limitations.

Supreme court of the Netherlands upheld the complaint of Russia in the Yukos case

Supreme court of the Netherlands declared admissible the appeal of Russia to the court of Appeal of the Hague on the recovery in favor of the former shareholders of Yukos $ 57 billion, said the Ministry of justice.

Initially, the arbitration has decided to collect from Russia of 50 billion dollars, then the decision is reversed, the District court of the Hague, but last February, the Hague court of Appeal again sided with the shareholders. As explained by RIA Novosti in the Ministry, including penalties increased to $ 57 billion.

The Hague court has added new documents to the dossier of the accused for MH17

The dossier of four accused in the case of the collapse of the Malaysian Boeing flight MH17 has added new documents, including records of the investigation, said judge of the district court of the Hague, responsible for working with the media, Gender Rowen on the results of the hearing on Monday.

Hearings on the crash of flight MH17 resumed in the judicial complex Schiphol in the Netherlands on Monday. The meeting continued in the absence of the four suspects in the case - Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatova and Leonid Kharchenko. The court was attended by two Dutch lawyers Pulatova.

The Ministry of justice spoke about the prospects of the litigation with the former shareholders of Yukos

The lawsuit by the court in the Hague to recover in favor of the former shareholders of Yukos $ 57 billion might take a few years. said in an interview with RIA Novosti Deputy head of the Ministry of justice, the Ombudsman of Russia to the ECHR Michael Halperin.

Earlier, the justice Ministry said that Russia appealed the decision of the Hague court about collecting in favour of the former shareholders of Yukos $ 57 billion.