°
Ashburn

Latest News - #Myanmar

Instead of tourists in the ancient city of Bagan in Myanmar came looters

Regularly looters trying to plunder the abandoned tourist temples in Bagan (pagan), the ancient capital of the eponymous Kingdom, which was located in modern day Myanmar, reports Gulf News.

In Bagan, who last year joined the list of UNESCO world heritage site, there are more than 3500 of ancient monuments, temples, frescoes and sculptures. Local authorities hoped that the new status will increase the number of tourists, but because of the pandemic, attractions and hotels are empty, and it attracts looters.

The US has hailed the sanctions policy of the UK

The United States welcomes the independent sanctions regime of the United Kingdom for human rights violations, said on Monday the Minister of Finance of the United States Steven Mnuchin.

"The United States welcomes the established global sanctions regime for violation of human rights, which strengthens fight against the violation of human rights in the world. Use of the two countries on these important instruments vital for the prosecution of unscrupulous players for their actions," he wrote in his Twitter account.

The British foreign Secretary commented on the new sanctions against Russia

Imposing sanctions against the Russians and the Saudis, Britain showed itself as a "force for good", said the foreign Minister of the United Kingdom Dominic Raab.

On Monday, Britain published a list of individuals and organizations, whom it accuses of human rights violation. The list included 25 Russians, whom London considers implicated in the death of lawyer Sergei Magnitsky in 2009, as well as 20 Saudis suspected of involvement in the murder of opposition journalist Jamal Casucci. The list also includes two generals from Myanmar and two North Korean structure, accused of torture, murder and the use of prison labor. All the defendants in the list are denied entry to the UK, the authorities will freeze all their assets if any will be detected in the United Kingdom.

In Myanmar the death toll in the landslide has risen to 172 people

The number of people killed in a landslide at the quarry of jade and jade in the town of Pakan in Kachin state in Northern Myanmar has increased to 172 people, according to his page on the social network Facebook, the Myanmar fire Department, also acting as emergency service.

"Only on the site of the landslide discovered 172 dead bodies. 54 people who were injured, are in hospitals", - is spoken in the message of rescuers, who lead the search and rescue operation on the site of the landslide on the second day.

Putin expressed his condolences to President of Myanmar due to the effects of a landslide

Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed condolences to the President of Myanmar Wines Menu in connection with the tragic consequences of the landslide in the country, the telegram published on the Kremlin website.

"Mr President, please accept my deep condolences in connection with the tragic consequences of the landslide that occurred in the Kachin state of Myanmar", the telegram reads.

The death toll in the landslide in Myanmar has increased to 162 people

The number of people killed in a landslide at the quarry of jade and jade in the town of Pakan in Kachin state in Northern Myanmar has increased to 162 people, the number of injured to 54 people, according to the fire Department, also acting as emergency service.

"To date, discovered and retrieved 162 dead bodies. A total of 54 people were taken to hospitals. A search and rescue operation continues", - is spoken in the message of Department in Facebook.

In Myanmar the death toll in the landslide has risen to 113

The number of people killed in a landslide at the quarry of jade and jade in the town of Pakan in Kachin state in Northern Myanmar has increased to 113 people, reports on his page on the social network Facebook, the Myanmar fire Department, also acting as emergency service.

Earlier it was reported that the landslide came down on Thursday morning, killing more than 50 people.

Myanmar has extended the ban on entry for foreigners

The government of Myanmar cancels by July 1 limits for citizens out of homes in one area of Yangon, which was the main center of the spread of coronavirus infection in March and April, however, extends until July 31, the temporary ban on the entry of foreign nationals.

The lockdown, or "the order to stay home" (Stay at Home Order) entered by Ministry of health and sports of Myanmar in early may in 10 districts of Yangon, the largest city and former capital of the country, were allowed out on the street, only one member of the family for food and two members of the family in case you need to visit a doctor. The order was abolished in stages during the month (14 and 28 may in several areas at once), but in the area of Insein, in which became ill during the pandemic 49 of 209 infected around Yangon and its effect continued until the end of June. Thus, the regime was finally terminated. The decision to cancel "the order to stay home," was adopted by the Ministry of health and sports of Myanmar and published in appropriate order on the Internet website of the Ministry.

In Myanmar extended the restrictive measures

The Myanmar authorities have extended until July 15 the action of disease control measures to combat the spread of a new type of coronavirus, according to the newspaper Myanmar Times.

It is noted that on Saturday the Central Committee on the prevention, control and treatment COVID-19 extended the restrictions for the fifth time since April, when they were first introduced.

In Bangladesh reported the first death of refugees-Rohingya people from coronavirus

Bangladeshi authorities reported the first death among the refugees of ethnic Rohingya in refugee camps, deceased – 71-year-old man, reported The Straits Times.

"He died may 31. But last night we got confirmation that he died from the coronavirus," - said a senior health official in the district of Cox's Bazar toha Bhuyan.