A group of Russians from the private military company Wagner, detained in Belarus, suspected of preparing mass disturbances, the question about the use of remand in custody, reported the press service of the Investigative Committee of the Republic.
"Against (Belarusian oppositionists) Mikalai Statkevich Sergei Tikhanovski and other persons criminal case on the fact of preparation of mass riots... Also yesterday, the results of the inspection of operational information received from intelligence services, on suspicion in Commission of the specified crime was arrested 33 citizens of the Russian Federation, the staff of PMCs Wagner, who lived on the territory of the sanatorium "Belorusochka" of Minsk region", - said the press service.
Successive meetings with the heads of diplomatic missions of Russia and Ukraine on the issue of more than 30 detainees in Belarus, the Russians ended the foreign Ministry of Belarus, said on Thursday the press-Secretary of Department Anatoly Glaz.
"Ended the meeting, were invited to the Ministry of foreign Affairs alternately with the Russian Ambassador in Belarus Dmitry Fedorovich Mezentsev and charge d'affaires of Ukraine, acting head of the foreign Peter Wroblewski," said the eyes of the journalists.
The foreign Ministry of Belarus asked the Russian Ambassador in the Republic of clarification about the purpose of the stay in the country of the detained Russians, having "experience of participation in armed conflict", reported the press service of the Belarusian Ministry.
According to the press service, 30 July the foreign Ministry in turn were invited by the Russian Ambassador in Belarus Dmitry Mezentsev and the Minister-Counsellor, acting head of the Embassy of Ukraine to Belarus Piotr Wroblewski.
Minsk has agreed with Kiev about the active cooperation between the border agencies and strengthen ohrannika to prevent destabilization in the background of the election campaign in Belarus, said on Thursday the press service of the Belarusian foreign Ministry.
Previously the foreign Ministry of Belarus ended successive meetings with the heads of diplomatic missions of Russia and Ukraine on the issue of more than 30 detainees in Belarus Russians. The meeting was attended by the Russian Ambassador in Belarus Dmitry Mezentsev and the Minister-Counsellor, acting head of the Embassy of Ukraine to Belarus Piotr Wroblewski.
The presidential candidate of Belarus Andrei Dmitriev told reporters on Thursday that the meeting, the CEC was stated about the possibility of restricting the Internet in the country, if necessary.
"I asked (the state Secretary of the security Council - ed.) about the possible restriction of the Internet. I was given the answer that if they feel that there is a direct threat to the security of the country, they do not exclude (the possibility - ed.) to turn off the Internet," he said after a meeting at the CEC with participation of the presidential candidates and Secretary of the security Council Andrei Ravkov.
Detained on Wednesday in Minsk, the Russians testify , said Thursday the state Secretary of the security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov.
"Testify," said Ravkov the journalists, answering the question about the detained in Minsk Russians.
Meeting at the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Belarus in the case of more than 30 detainees, the Russians will be held on Thursday in the first half of the day, told RIA Novosti the Russian Ambassador in Minsk Dmitry Mezentsev.
President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko on Wednesday held an emergency meeting with members of the security Council, he reported on the situation in connection with the detention of "more than three dozen representatives of foreign private military company". During the meeting, the Chairman of the KGB of the Republic Valery Vakulchik said that the detained in Minsk Russians were in the private military company Wagner. And the Secretary of the security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov said that the foreign Ministry will invite the ambassadors of Russia and Ukraine to give explanations on this case, since at least 14 of the detained Russians "were recorded" in the Donbass.
A consequence opened a criminal case in connection with the detention of Russians in Belarus. This was announced by the Secretary of security Council of the Republic Andrei Ravkov.
In the case we are talking about the preparation of terrorist acts, said Ravkov.
The Secretary of security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov said that the country can be up to 200 "fighters", go find them.
"Up to 200 people, according to operational information, located on-site. Go search," Ravkov told reporters on Thursday.
The state border Committee of Belarus will strengthen the operational cover of the state border, told the ONT TV channel on the results of the meeting of the security Council of the Republic with reference to its Secretary Andrei Ravkov.
"Including the border with the Russian Federation in the framework of the learning environment, tracking individuals who cross the state border, including the green border. These forces will be substantially strengthened," — said the state Secretary of the security Council.
The state border Committee of Belarus will create a "barrier to illegal activities" in the framework of the task of strengthening the operational cover of the state border, including in Russia, told RIA Novosti on Wednesday the official representative of Department Anton Bychkovsky.
Earlier, the state Secretary of the security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov following the meeting, the President reported that the state border of the Republic will strengthen the operational cover of the state border, including the Russian Federation "in the framework of the learning environment, the track of persons who cross the state border, including the green border." According to him, "these forces will be substantially strengthened".
The foreign Ministry of Belarus will invite the ambassadors of Russia and Ukraine to give explanations on the case involving the detention in the Republic of a group of Russians, at least 14 of whom "were recorded" in the Donbass, said on Wednesday the state Secretary of the security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov.
"Today the head of state set a number of tasks to elements of the system of ensuring national security. In short, if you focus on these tasks, it will be the work of the Ministry of foreign Affairs for sending requests and the invitation of the ambassadors of the Russian Federation and Ukraine to give some explanation and discussion of these issues. Because now, according to available information, the results of the surveys these people within 14 people are the people who passed through the program taking into account people who were recorded in the Donbass. Therefore invited the Ambassador of Ukraine on this issue", - said Ravkov, the TV channel STV.
The state Secretary of the security Council of Belarus Andrei Ravkov told that the Republic will enhance security measures during mass events, including related to the elections of the President of the country, as among the detained in Minsk Russians were snipers, demomen and pros.
Belarusian media reported, citing an unnamed source in law enforcement bodies that, under the Minsk detained "32 militants, the foreign private company Wagner", another was arrested in the South of the country. All of them, as claimed by the Agency, the Russians. Thus, according to the report, earlier information was received of the arrival in Belarus ", more than 200 militants to destabilize the situation during the election campaign." Embassy of the Russian Federation officially received from the foreign Ministry of Belarus a notice about the arrest of 32 Russians.
The power unit of Belarus is ready to prevent the riots, one of the main tasks – to prevent the bloodshed of citizens, said Thursday the state Secretary of the security Council of the Republic Andrei Ravkov.
"Our goal is to perform at that moment, if need be, of course, with the internal forces, with the police, other security forces... tasks to prevent any terrorist acts, mass riots and the like. We have prepared, are preparing, we will prepare," said Still, whose performance was shown on air of TV channel ONT.
Belarus is not planning joint exercise with NATO and their implementation is not possible due to the current NATO restrictions, said the Ministry of defence of the Republic.
"Currently, based on the level of cooperation, holding joint exercises with NATO as an organisation is not planned and due to the presence of the current limitation is not possible," reads the written reply of the Ministry of defence on the request of RIA Novosti.